Our clients based in Redbridge are looking for a family support worker to join their team supporting families. You will need to be flexible, as the work will sometimes require traveling and working overtime.
It is essential that the post holder has:
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care/ Childcare/Youth Work or an appropriate field.
- Experience of direct work with challenging children /young people and /or families.
- Experience assisting young adults with the transition from leaving care to maintaining their full independence, encouraging people to seek education, training and employment and undertaking assessments.
- Experience of child development and/or issues affecting young people. An understanding of family functioning.
- Working knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Experience of working in partnership.
- Knowledge of the Child Protection procedures and policies.
- Awareness of Every Child Matters.
- Knowledge of the voluntary and statutory sector.
It is desirable that the post holder has:
- Knowledge of Housing and Benefits legislation.
- Experience of Group work.
- Experience of working with families and supporting carers.
- Experience of supporting families within their home environment on an outreach basis.
- Experience of dealing with crisis support.
- Training and/or awareness of anti-oppressive practices.
- Ability to work in partnership with children/young people and families and also with other agencies and professionals.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under supervision.
- Ability to recognise own limitations in situations where specialised skills are required.
- Ability to motivate self and others to achieve change.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and families in individual and group settings.
- Ability maintain written records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Sensitivity to the needs of others.