Our client is looking for a Housing Support Worker to work within the early intervention team in social services.
This is a new and exciting opportunity working for a local authority based in the East London/Essex Area. Your responsibilities will be to provide a comprehensive range of services for people who are socially excluded for reasons such as homelessness, alcohol or drug problems, child protection, learning disabilities or emotional difficulties.
The service offers specialist housing related interventions for service users at all stages. You will take responsibility for ensuring the effective delivery of housing support and offering specialist advice and signposting to professionals within partner services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other agencies, including probation, rehabilitation projects, local authority housing teams and housing agencies to identify service users for the projects.
- Carry out needs and risk assessments with all potential service users and draw up appropriate support plans reflective of their needs.
- Provide mediation and crisis intervention between service users and housing providers and to resolve issues regarding tenancy sustainment and client disengagement.
- Provide advice on areas such as budgeting, independent living skills, advocacy, rent and benefits.
Successful applicants will be able to work creatively and be innovative in their approach, as well as having the ability to work with service users from a variety of different cultures, backgrounds and various social situations.
You will need to have:
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
- Knowledge of housing
- Excellent communications skills written/verbal
- Good knowledge of IT skills
The role is full time – Monday-Friday 9am-5pm